Monday, November 25, 2019

A Change in Registration

Today I walked into my county clerk's office and changed my registration to Democratic from Republican. Many of my friends asked, "what took you so long?" I guess I was hoping against hope that there would be real opposition to Trump within the Republican Party. That has obviously not happened and to the contrary the party has become even more sycophantic so much so that Republican House and Senate leaders have become mouthpieces for Putin. It is a far cry from the party of Ronald Reagan and John McCain.

The reason why I didn't register as an Independent is because I want to have a say in the Democratic nomination. No Bernie or Liz for me. Further history maybe playing out as I previously envisioned where the U.S. is realigning to three party system. A Hamiltonian Party (centrist Democrats and moderate Republicans), a Social Democratic Party (Bernie and his acolytes) and a Know Nothing Party (The zanies that make up most of today's Republican Party). My new home will be in the Hamiltonian Party. (See https://shulmaven.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-coming-political-realignment-part-ii.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment