Sunday, December 18, 2022

Equity Strategy for 2023 and Beyond

After posting my outlook for 2023 ( Shulmaven: 2023: Another Year of Living Dangerously) several friends asked me what are my thoughts on how to implement my view. Simply, they asked what do you do Monday morning? Because I do not want to give specific stock advice I will outline below what industries I think will do relatively well next year and beyond. Remember I think the stock market will be flat next year and be forewarned, I am talking my book.

I would focus on the following themes:

* Energy Transition: Independent power and electric utilities that emphasize alternative energy, hydrogen, carbon capture, copper mining, energy conservation.

* Labor shortage: Automation equipment.

* Deglobalization/Onshoring: Automation equipment, semiconductor capital equipment.

* Resilience: Infrastructure, electricity transmission, water.

* Dangerous World: Aerospace/Defense

I would deemphasize consumer discretionary, consumer staples, housing, real estate, big tech (at least for now) and anything to do with crypto.

There you have it. We will review how this turns out in a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment