Thursday, February 13, 2014

Comcast, Time Warner and MSNBC

On November 12, 2012 I posted a very critical letter to Comcast CEO Brian Robert on how MSNBC was destroying the credibility of NBC News brand.  (See: http://shulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-letter-to-comcast-ceo-brian-roberts.html) Little did I realize that Brian Roberts was playing a long game. Comcast's ownership of MSNBC will effectively neuter their left-wing blowhards and their guests from criticizing the proposed mega-merger with Time Warner which will create a cable behemoth.

Had Disney been the buyer you would be hearing primal screams about undue concentration in media ownership. But now there will be silence. Instead of dealing with pressing national issues MSNBC will continue to fulminate about traffic in Fort Lee, New Jersey.  Brian Roberts will be happy and I will be happy as my wife and daughter will continue to reap the gains associated with their share ownership in Comcast.


No comments:

Post a Comment